May 5, 2010

Long Overdue

Okay, so the novelty of blogging has worn off a little as I've had to focus on work, kids, and training....okay, and catching up on 24 and the occasional mindless crap.  My head is swirling with different blog topics, but my need to make each one well-thought and complete is holding me back.  So, to break that needless goal, I'm posting today about nothing.  Maybe I should have called it the "Seinfeld post." 


The good news is I won't be posting about the Pasadena Reverse Tri because there isn't much to say there, except it was fast and my lungs hurt when I jumped into the 94 degree pool.  I do want to post about intentionally slow runs and the benefits thereto, dieting and my recent love for sugar, and not respecting the triathlon, which is probably up first.  I just completed the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon and it turned out to be tougher than I anticipated...probably because I didn't respect all of it...just the swim.  It really was an awesome weekend from a social and event standpoint.  I met some cool, fun people and have a new swimming idol...and I have a handful of pictures.  Here are a few for the teaser:




Departing for the island.  7 a.m.
Collage poster by agphotography's sport-traiture.com


If you only knew how much energy it took to muster up the smile on that run. 


So, there was an LA Fun Ride (52 miler) last month and I have the San Diego Rock n' Roll marathon coming up, including a new challenge with one of my running friends who helped me form the OC Coast Runners group on FB (you need to join) if you're local.


Races are aplenty, so if you're not signed up for one and you're injury free...what are you waiting for?


Happy Training...


Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment